Acceptable Lens Shapes
Most biconvex, plano-convex and mild mensicus shapes.
Unacceptable Lens Shapes
Biconcave lenses, steep meniscus lenses, and lenses with severe features (e.g. a bump on a convex surface).
· Generally, the edge thickness=0.5 to 2.0 x center thickness.
· The volume of the lens (including flanges), V = 4/3pr3, where r is the smallest local convex radius.
· The design should be able to tolerate 0.010 mm of lateral shear between surfaces plus 5 microns TIR of wedge
(across the part without considering the lateral shear) to
be considered robust
· Any molded glass lenses may be edged to a smaller diameter on a special order basis. Minimum order quantites apply.
· All of the listed lenses are unmounted. Lenses can be suppliedin metal housings upon request.
· Click here for the Standard "A" and "B" BBAR coating curves."C", custom VAR, BBAR and
SLAR coatings also available on special order basis. The L671-Z ships with the X coating
(blue shifted A coating) standard.
· RMS wavefront error <0.05 waves; L671 RMS wave front error < 0.06 waves @ 408 nm.